Saturday, April 5, 2014

Letter To A Weary Heart



Dear Weary Heart,

     I know that today may have been hard, maybe yesterday was too. And the day before that, and the day before that one too. Sometimes the clocks drag tired hands in perpetual circles and yet no times seems to pass. The day seems to never end, yet when it has come to a close the hours have passed all too quickly. The sky is clear and yet raindrops fall against your cheeks. You feel caught in the middle of a storm, worn thin, as Bilbo said "stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread". Take heart, have courage, remain steadfast. Remember that by tomorrow today will have ended and you can smile again.  Never, ever forget how wonderful you are, that you have great value and no one and I mean no one could ever be a better you.
     Keep going, don't give up you aren't alone in your feeling of isolation. You're not the only one who has journeyed between these mountains. There are many who have made it to the other side of the shadow and I have confidence that you can too. It may not be okay today, but it will be.



"I can see the storm descending on the hill tonight
Tall trees are bending to Your will tonight
Oh, let the mighty bow down
At the thundering sound of Your voice

I can hear the howling wind and feel the rain tonight
Every drop a prophet in Your name tonight
Oh, and the song that they sing
It is washing me clean but

How long?
How long?
How long until this curtain is lifted?
How long is this the song that we sing?
How long until the reckoning?

And I know You hear the cries of every soul tonight
You see the teardrops as they roll tonight
Down the faces of the saints
Who grow weary and faint in Your fields

And the wicked roam the cities and the streets tonight
But when the God of love and thunder speaks tonight
Oh, I believe You will come
Your justice be done, but how long?

How long?
How long?
How long until this curtain is lifted?
How long is this the song that we sing?
How long until the reckoning?

Oh, the reckoning

You are holiness and grace
You are fury and rest
You are anger and love
You curse and You bless
You are mighty and weak
You are silence and song
You are plain as the day
But you have hidden Your face--
For how long? How long?

And I am standing in the stillness of the reckoning
The storm is past and rest is beckoning
Mighty God, how I fear You
And I long to be near You, O Lord

How long?
How long?
How long until this burden is lifted?
How long?
How long?
How long is this the song that we sing?
How long until the reckoning?

And I know that I don't know what I'm asking
I long to look You full in the face
I am ready for the reckoning"

   







1 comment:

  1. Kate,

    This is true of you as well, my girl! :) Your line "Never, ever forget how wonderful you are, that you have great value and no one and I mean no one could ever be a better you."

    Whether this is about you or another that you care for, may you all be receiving rest, be feeling hope and strength, and be getting infused by Him whose name means "Breath" (pnuema). Yahweh, Jehovah, Breath, the syllables like an indrawn breath "Yah Weh. He who gives breath and life and in whom we have our being.

    He loves you and delights in you, and whomever you write for as well. :)

    As do I.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete