Sunday, April 28, 2013

If I Could Live the Way I Wanted



Sorry for not posting in such a long while. I've been busy. I got a job and have been trying to keep up on school and just haven't been doing much writing in general. So. All I have for you today is a poem. Hope you enjoy it. :)


If I could live the way I wanted,


I would scribble poems on walls
And draw pictures in the frosted windows.

Dark curtains would seal my mind
And only the music would witness my creations.

I would stay awake until the stars faded
And sleep until the sun was overhead.

Every raindrop would contain a story
And I would collect them in teacups to keep me warm.

I would lose myself in cultures of my own invention
And my characters would be real.

Colored pens would overflow from canning jars
And pencil pockets, ready and waiting for every idea.

I would never cease to search for new stories,
And revisit old ones with fresh eyes.

I would visit the hunched walls of timeless ages
And give voice to all the things they observed.

Cloudy days would mean hours of discovering
New worlds through musty pages that smell of ink.

Drawings would hang from walls like portals
And I would gaze at them for hours on end.

I would sit near the street to watch people go by
And catch words like snowflakes on my tongue.

The piano would hold me close on stormy days
And hum lullabies in my ear when sleep refuses me.

I would paint murals in my bedroom to inspire smiles
And bright days that warm chilled fingers with gentle love.

Lifelong dreams would become reality
And hopes would never be crushed.

If I could live the way I wanted
my  words would last for ages.





1 comment:

  1. "Cloudy days would mean hours of discovering
    New worlds through musty pages that smell of ink."

    "I would sit near the street to watch people go by
    And catch words like snowflakes on my tongue."

    My two favorite parts ^_^ Love the words!

    ReplyDelete