Monday, April 29, 2013

Who am I?

Another poem for you. An idea that has been on my mind for a while.


I am,
A fish out of water,
dying on dry land.
Let me,
live beneath the waves,
in the dark, the cold.
I am,
soothed by the motion,
comforted by the sea.
Let me,
live hidden in the depths,
in a dream, a home I created.
I am,
but a child, awed by ghosts
And monster that lurk in caves.
Let me,
live among them and scribe
All their ways for you to find.
I am,
floating in serenity,
soaking in blissful ignorance.
Let me,
live here in this place unknown,
in the cloaked safety of sleep.
I am,
a memory you can't forget,
fading to an image of hope.
Let me,
live, tucked in your pocket,
close to heart, far from mind.
I am
watching in contentment,
waiting in unbroken silence.
Let me,
live on in your thoughts, actions,
never to die alone.
I am,
an illusion, a reality
you created to evade
who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Wow, your last line is surprising, huh? So, who are you? Who is waiting there in quiet evasion, a beauty to be unveiled? :) Garbing yourself in words of your own choosing, not an illusion seen by others, how would you describe yourself?

    Awaiting your next poem, if you want?

    Respectfully,warmly,
    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen,
      I am a writer, a writer who sees the portrayal of darkness in media as a way to bring glory Christ. As to how I would describe myself, I'm not exactly sure. A heart that aches to hold the unloved? I may have a poem on that later...

      :)

      Delete